How to Use Hand Sanitizers?
Washing your hands after touching something, coming from outside, or before and after eating has always been a good personal hygiene practice. After the pandemic, washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds has come up as one of the best solutions to protect yourself from the virus.
However, what if you do not have access to soap and water? How are you going to disinfect your hands? This is where hand sanitizers came into play. A hand sanitizer is an efficient alternative to soap and water.
To ensure that the sanitizer you are using offers the optimum prevention, you need to buy a hand sanitizer with the correct balance of alcohol and other ingredients. In addition to that, the amount you are taking and the method of application are also crucial.
How to apply hand sanitizer properly?
Using a hand sanitizer is undoubtedly one of the most efficient and fastest ways to keep your hands germ-free. However, you need to use it correctly. Here is a step by step guide that describes how you should use a hand sanitizer:
Step 1: Remove all the finger rings or any other accessory from your hands. If possible, remove all the visible debris from your palms before using a hand sanitizer.
Step 2: Squeeze a dime-sized amount of sanitizer onto your palm. Using an adequate amount of sanitizer is necessary. So, be generous.
Step 3: Once you have a sufficient amount of hand sanitizer, rub your palms against each other. Make sure that you cover both sides of your hands, fingers, fingernails. Also, apply the sanitizer between the fingers to ensure maximum coverage. Rub your hands and wrists for at least 20 seconds.
Step 4: After rubbing your hands for 20 seconds, allow your hands to dry for a while. Do not use water.
How to choose the appropriate hand sanitizer?
Owing to the increased demand for hand sanitizers due to the pandemic, you are likely to find a range of sanitizer brands in shops. However, before you add a product to your cart, you must read the label on the bottle.
- Buy a hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol. It ensures proper cleaning. According to the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), it is not advisable to use a hand sanitizer that contains methanol. Methanol or methyl alcohol is a toxic substance that can harm your skin. Just Human hand sanitizers are made in India and tested in many noted GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) certified labs. They are gentle on your skin and protect you from deadly microbes and pathogens. You can also use Just Human pen sanitizer spray. The sanitizer spray comes in a small bottle that is easy to carry.
- Always choose a skin-friendly hand sanitizer. Just Human hand sanitizers are free from harsh chemicals. The moment you apply this sanitizer, it creates an invisible protective layer (bionic shield) around your hands and prevents pathogens from infecting you by killing them instantly. It kills 99.99% of germs.
- All sanitizer brands claim to be the best. However, you should choose a product that is tried and tested. Choose a brand that is licensed by DCGI (Drugs Controller General of India) and the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA).
These are some of the most important aspects that you should consider while choosing a hand sanitizer. You can go online and get yourself a bottle of Just Human hand sanitizer. Once you use it, you will understand the difference.
When should you use hand sanitizer?
You should use a hand sanitizer at regular intervals throughout the day. Doing some activities or going to certain places can increase your chances of contracting the virus or spreading it. Therefore, you should use hand sanitizer regularly, especially after touching anything, such as a surface, a product, people, animals, etc. It will ensure that you do not spread the infection.
How should you store hand sanitizers?
Hand sanitizers come with a shelf life. Generally, as the date of expiration approaches, the alcohol content drops. So, if your bottle has expired, discard it and buy a new one.
Store hand sanitizers in a dry and cool place and avoid exposure to heat, sunlight, and open flames. Too much heat can speed up the process of evaporation of alcohol.
Here are some of the safety instructions that you should keep in mind while handling hand sanitizers:
- Hand sanitizers are only for external usage. Prevent their contact with sensitive organs like eyes, ears, or nose.
- Keep the bottle of hand sanitizer away from the reach of your kids and pets.
- Make sure that you supervise your kids when they are using it.
- Do not touch your mouth, nose, or eyes immediately after applying a hand sanitizer.
- Wait for some time before having your food after using a hand sanitizer.
- Do not use a sanitizer if it causes rashes and skin infections.
- Try to avoid sanitizers that contain harmful ingredients.
Wrapping upA solution of soap and water is the best option for killing germs. But, if you do not have access to soap and water, you can use a hand sanitizer to remove germs and deadly pathogens from your hands. Check out Just Human hand sanitizers on our official site. Make sure that you carry a bottle of hand sanitizer whenever you step out of your home.